The development of sugar beet crops in Russia as of Aug 01, 2019 and sugar news from Armenia, Aug 05, 2019

Latest news are available in our daily reports.

RUSSIA

According to the Food Safety Monitoring and Forecasting System of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia, producer prices for sugar beet were RUR 28.11/kg as of July 25, 2019, (+ 0.7% per week).

*

A controlling stake in the sugar business of Lipetsk agriholding Trio was transferred to Sucden. A share of 51.54% of Agroservice LLC is now owned by Sucden-Lipetsk LLC. The remaining 48.46% stay with LLC GK Trio. Agroservice manages nine agricultural holding organizations, including the legal entity of the Yelets Sugar Plant LLC AGROSNABSAHAR

*

According to Soyuzrossahar, average figures on development of sugar beet in Russia are as follows (as of August 1, 2019):

  • beet weight - 348 g (in 2018 - 308, in 2017 –322),
  • weight of tops –280 g (in 2018 –293, in 2017 – 380),
  • sucrose content - 13.89% (in 2018 - 12.37%, in 2017 –13.40%.).

*

According to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, farmers started harvesting sugar beets in Krasnodar and Oryol regions. As of August 2, 2019, total 4.5 thousand hectares have been harvested (0.4 thousand hectares in 2018), 188.8 thousand tons of sugar beets collected (10.2 thousand tons in 2018) at an average yield of 41.85 MT/ha (in 2018 – 26.03 MT/ha).

ARMENIA

The average consumer price for sugar decreased by 1.0% in July 2019 compared to the previous month, according to the National Statistics Service. On an annualized basis - July 2019 By July 2018, consumer sugar prices decreased by 4.9%.

*

According to the analysis of data by Statistical Commitee of the Republic of Armenia, conducted by Sugar.Ru, in June 2019 the import of sugar (white and raw) (HS code 1701) has made 27 719 MT (23 071 MT in 2018). Totally in January - June 2019 Armenia imported 32 710 MT of sugar (white and raw) (36 732 MT in 2018).

Sugar.Ru

Новости

Аналитика и интересное о сахаре